Mile 10: Ready for Mile 11

Okay, so honestly this is my least favorite one so far. I don’t like the colors, the background, or the fact that I can’t paint really thin lines (suggestions, anyone??). In the email for the next mile, Whitney said that she used some “off” colors so that she wouldn’t be attached to the outcome. And the point of this marathon is to become more creatively fit, not to produce 26 masterpieces. So, I suppose I succeeded in this mile BECAUSE I dislike it so (?)! Maybe this is true, but as I post this these flowers are already gone- painted over with something I like a lot better!

Advertisements

6 Comments on “Mile 10: Ready for Mile 11”

1. lisasartjournal says:

You do such an excellent job at blending your colors! Don’t be disappointed! I think it’s lovely!

It’s a real challenge to commit to posting your paintings on a blog for the whole world to see! I know this:) You love some, you like some, you hate some ….. Just like a marathon – some mile are just disappointing, for sure.

Keep up the great work! I love following your journey! Your work is really inspiring! You might even inspire me to finish the marathon myself!!

Lisa

2. ryanpamela says:

Thanks Lisa! It has been a lot harder to post some of these than I thought it would be. Knowing that people are reading keeps me inspired to continue, though.

You should definitely finish the marathon! I was wondering why your posts stopped early. :)

3. lisasartjournal says:

Thank you, for the encouragement, Ryan! I haven’t finished the marathon yet because I’ve gotten caught up in other life issues, and got excited about personal projects, etc …. I will eventually catch up though, for sure, as I am so inspired by YOU and the other new marathoners! I am now like the marathon runner who walks to the finish!!! But that’s okay … I too, learned SO much by participating in this project! Keep up the great work! I always look forward to seeing what you come up with next!!
    Lisa

4. Rebecca says:

if this is your least favorite, will you send it to me? i love it

• ryanpamela says:

Thank you!! I would love to send it to you, but unfortunately it is already painted over. That’s part of the marathon- paint 26 paintings on the same canvas! I do wish i had some of my favorite ones back, though.

5. candacehargraves says:

Gramma loves this one.These are her favorite colors and I think she likes the stylized flowers. So see, there is something for everyone!

make my day. leave me a comment!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s