diy: yarn wreath- valentine’s editionPosted: January 31, 2011
Remember this guy? I made it with the intention of switching it up year round to go with the seasons. Yes, I’m going to complain about Valentine’s Day because I’m chronically single and well-aware (ha), but some part of me wants to celebrate the idea of the day with hearts and chocolate (Godiva, please). So, I decided to turn my Christmas wreath into a Valentine’s Day wreath.
I’m not sure this merits a DIY post, but here you go.
Here’s what you need:
- a yarn wreath (here’s my step-by-step guide)
- a sheet of red felt
- red yarn
- heart template
- embroidery thread and needle
- pen or pencil
1) trace two hearts onto the felt and cut them out
2) Using the embroidery thread and needle, stitch around the heart. When you get about halfway through, start stuffing with the batting. Stitch the rest of the way around, adding the final batting before you close.
3) Wrap the red yarn around the wreath. I wrapped diagonally in one direction and then the other. Be creative!
4) Attach the heart to a piece of yarn and tie the yarn to the wreath. There you go! A Valentine’s Day wreath!