a girlfriend of mine threw a pinterest party a few weeks ago. everyone was to bring supplies for a project they had pinned and a bottle of wine. this was the perfect time for me to start this wreath!
i couldn’t find a link to any diy instructions for this, so i’ll give you my best interpretation. here’s what you’ll need:
- three colors of yarn
- about 15 styrofoam balls. i used two different sizes
- floral wire
- burlap or ribbon for hanging
1) tie the yarn onto a ball.
2) and then start wrapping! wrap each ball until completely covered and then tie off. you’ll need about fifteen balls of different colors.
6. attach a ribbon (or in my case a strip of burlap) for hanging.mine didn’t turn out quite as pretty as my inspiration, but i still think it’s pretty cute.
what fall crafts have you done this month?
whoa, i do miss blogging when i go mia. i’ve been working non-stop to make krush awesome (what’s krush, you ask?), so many of my creative outlets have been put on the back-burner for a little while. this post is warranted though because i love, love, love fall. seriously, i think i’m my best self when there’s a crisp in the air and my favorite colors are everywhere. here are a few of my favorite inspirations so far this season.
this festive shrug from Woolbridge on etsy. i need to work on my knitting asap!
this owl shirt from charlotte russe. an owl shirt? yes, please. and at $19.99 i might order this baby. wouldn’t it be cute under an burnt orange cardigan?
i don’t really cook much. like, ever, really. i’m gonna try this though. twice-baked butternut squash? sounds like heaven.
i’m not sure how to make a chocolate mug, but i’d sure like to indulge in one.
cuteness. a mummy pumpkin. done and done. i just want to squeeze his little pumpkin cheeks.
what’s on your happy list so far this fall?
remember the ol’ yarn wreath that i first made for christmas and then revamped for valentine’s day? today was a very stormy day in nashville, so i decided to give the wreath a makeover to reflect these april showers.
such a happy little rain cloud.
Remember this guy? I made it with the intention of switching it up year round to go with the seasons. Yes, I’m going to complain about Valentine’s Day because I’m chronically single and well-aware (ha), but some part of me wants to celebrate the idea of the day with hearts and chocolate (Godiva, please). So, I decided to turn my Christmas wreath into a Valentine’s Day wreath.
I’m not sure this merits a DIY post, but here you go.
Here’s what you need:
- a yarn wreath (here’s my step-by-step guide)
- a sheet of red felt
- red yarn
- heart template
- embroidery thread and needle
- pen or pencil
1) trace two hearts onto the felt and cut them out
2) Using the embroidery thread and needle, stitch around the heart. When you get about halfway through, start stuffing with the batting. Stitch the rest of the way around, adding the final batting before you close.
3) Wrap the red yarn around the wreath. I wrapped diagonally in one direction and then the other. Be creative!
4) Attach the heart to a piece of yarn and tie the yarn to the wreath. There you go! A Valentine’s Day wreath!